Monday, February 4, 2008

Snowman

On Saturday morning I got a call from my Dad. He was calling to see if we were planning to stop by at all this weekend, and by the way there's a lot of great snow here for the girls to make a snowman with (Read: Could you guys stop by? I'd really like to make a snowman with the girls.) He is a strange and funny man.
-
So, yes . . . we went to see Grandma and Grandpa Klarner. You have to understand something about my Dad. He takes his snowmen very seriously. The last time he made one with my girls, he was rather disappointed b/c they are content with a dinky little thing. Once a mini snowman was made, they were ready to come inside and have hot chocolate. Well, this year I prepared them, and they were ready. I also prepared Aaron. My Dad's philosophy on snowmen is that a really great snowman requires the strength of 3 grown men to lift the second ball on top of the first. Well, 2 grown men was going to have to be enough . . . and I prepared Aaron to be one of them.
-
So, they got started. The snow was awesome! It was the super-packing type, and the snowballs got big fast. Grandpa did the big ball, Emma did the middle, and Ali (after much groaning and thinking that she was being overworked) did the small one.

-
Megan managed to be completely useless, and just enjoyed snacking on the snow!

-
And here is Aaron's time to step in. They nearly broke their backs getting that thing up there!

-
Time for the head . . . quite a bit easier!

-
And here we have the finished product - My Dad is even smiling for a picture!! Obviously he had a great time. : ) The girls named him "Frosty 2" - real original, I know.

No comments: