Thursday, February 14, 2008

Calling All Cardboard Boxes!

Yes, I was awake at 6:15 this morning and went right downstairs to do some blogging. Sleep has become an elusive thing for me these days. I spend my waking hours thinking about painting, arranging furniture, etc . . .
-
All that to say . . . It looks like the Patton family will be building a house this summer!!!
-
Nothing is in stone yet . . . but barring any wierd complications, we hope to have construction done in early June (Which our builder seems to think can be done easily.)
-
Right now our "home" is just a big dirt lot, so there isn't much to see, but we took this picture of another house that he built (Ours will look the same, different colors). It will sit on a 1/3 acre lot . . . which we are very excited about!

-
Here's the floorplan. In all it's 1300 square feet with a full (unfinished) basement. Size wise, it's certainly no mansion, but it's bigger than what we have now. The one major change that we will be making to this plan is that we're moving the laundry room to the basement. I'm not into main floor laundry . . . not even a little bit. We will keep the hook-ups upstairs (for resale value) and add additional hook-ups in the basement. We will also be adding a laundry chute! Yee Ha!

-
I took many many pictures yesterday, but am only posting a few. The one picture I didn't take is of the great room (looking from the dining room.) Oh well. Here's the kitchen . . .

-
And the dining room . . .

-
We were met at the house by the builder's agent, our agent, the agent of the guy whose house we were seeing and the builder himself. It was great because we could ask all of our questions, get prices on upgrades, etc . . . The builder seems awesome and very willing to work with us. Angie (our agent) was very impressed. In a market like this, he is eager to earn our business (bonus for us!) and said he could break ground next week if we're ready!
-
So, here begins our adventure! I'll keep you all posted!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

YEA!!! I'm so excited for you. It was so much fun (albeit, somewhat of a hassle) to be picking out the fun stuff like lighting, colors, carpeting, etc. when we built our house. I can't believe it's been 11 years since we were in your shoes. We put down our deposit on Superbowl Sunday of 97!