I am a mother of four. You would think I would know better. I can tell my kids to take it easy when their sick, keep up their fluids, get plenty of rest, etc . . .
I should do a better job of taking my own advice.
Start Friday afternoon, I was feeling quite a bit better. The I was reminded that this weekend was "Shakespeare in a Week" - a production of a local Classical Christian school that several teenagers from our church attend. They take a week off of regular school and put on a Shakesperean production . . . This year it was The Taming of the Shrew and I didn't want to miss it. So we quick called Grandma Patton and arranged to take the girls over their at 6:30. The play was great (Very different from 10 Things I Hate About You, which was my only previous exposure to the story. Go ahead and roll your eyes - that's what Aaron did when I said that to him . . . and admittedly, I deserve it.) By the time we got the kids, got home and got in bed, it was after midnight, and I thought I was going to die. I was groaning about how I had overdone it. I went to sleep and slept until after 9:00.
The next morning I woke up feeling much better! I was so glad, and quickly developing amnesia about the night before. My Dad called about the snowman, and we decided to go. Just before we left, I got a call from the Kellers, asking us if we would like to join them for a Trivia Night that evening. We just couldn't pass that up. So we headed off to my mom's house, enjoyed our snowman making, etc . . . And this time the kids stayed at her house. We had a blast at the Trivia Night. Our table came in 2nd out of 68 . . . pretty good, I must admit. We would have come in first had it not been for one category . . . COMIC BOOKS! Grrr . . . Well, by the time we got the kids and made it home it was 11:00. Another late night, but I wasn't dying.
Sunday morning we were all well enough to go to church. Afterwards we went home for naptime. By this time, our house was a royal mess, so we had some work to do. At about 4:00 we headed over to Aaron's parents' house for the Super Bowl. I spent the first three quarters or so doing some scrapbooking, but I put my stuff away early, due to some major sinus congestion/pressure. The fourth quarter was very exciting. I really didn't give a hoot about either team. I think it would have been cool for the Pats to have a completely undefeated season, but no tears here! We managed to get home about 9:30 and get everyone in bed in time to watch House. I did my prep for our school week while watching. With a few odds and ends left, it was once again 11:00 before I got into bed.
This morning was a rude awakening for me! : ) I know . . . I deserve it. I'm hoping to take it easy today, but there is a moutain of laundry calling my name. I guess we'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment