Monday, August 10, 2009

Bass Pro

We found two treats on our way to Kirksville:

#1) Highway 63 is now 4 lanes all the way to Kirksville (with the excpection of the city of Macon)!! Yeah!!! I would have paid a lot of money for that when I was in college!

#2) There is a Bass Pro Shop in Columbia!

We decided to stop and enjoy the Bass Pro experience on our way home.


(I do feel the need to mention that we did go to church in KV. It was so nice to see old friends at GCBC! We left town right afterwards. Hence the clothes. There's just something about experiencing Bass Pro in your Sunday best that is very funny to me!)


As we were wandering around the store we noticed that they had a deck out back over looking the pond, where the kids could fish for free! (We don't even own fishing poles!) When we went out there we found two boys with the fish they caught . . . the girls each got to pet them : )


Ali's turn to fish. She was very excited about this . . . it really kind of surprised me.


Emma's turn . . .


Meg waited patiently for quite a while and was very excited to get the pole in her hands!


Julie didn't want to fish at first, but changed her mind. I'm surprised that she didn't drop the pole in the water as she was more interested in looking at the turtles.


Aquariums are always fun and the was no exception.
I wish I could say that Bass Pro was the last stop of our trip . . . When we got out to our van we found a flat tire! Bummer! Aaron changed it and I felt overwhelming gratitude when I saw how the side of the tire was practically ripped out . . . gratitude that that didn't blow out while we were on the highway! It's amazing to see the little ways that God takes care of us. I've never been so thankful for a flat tire.
So, one more stop for a new tire at Sam's (we didn't want to drive home on our spare) and then it was clear sailing back to Pacific. It was such a fun weekend!! We are already thinking about what our next trip may be . . .

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Wow! You've been a blogging machine lately!!

alp2295 said...

Yeah . . . today as catch-up day.