Monday, August 10, 2009

Camping

It's been 9 years since the last time we went camping.

Friday morning I called Aaron at work and said "Hey, what would you think of going camping today?"

After a few hours of scrambling around to get ready, we were on the road, bound for Macon, MO (near Kirksville). About half way there we changed our minds and decided to go to Kirksville instead. Most of the places we were wanting to see were in Kirksville, so we thought that would be a better idea. Thousand Hills State Park . . . here we come . . .

Considering the suddenness of our decision, we really didn't forget much. Of course one of the things I DID forget were clothes for Emma. Genius, I know. I had thrown some clothes in the wash for her, and ended up leaving them behind. Thankfully I did pack panties and a swimsuit. We also brought clothes for Sunday morning. So $6 later, Emma had a new cute outfit from Walmart - tax free even! : )


We arrived at our campsite just in time to get our tents up before it was dark. Of course, we had to get some s'mores in before bedtime. They all thought that was awesome. Julie loved roasting "Marsh-pillows" Love it! I think the name just might stick!



Our first morning - here they are toasting biscuits over the fire. They thought that was pretty darn cool as well!



Our Campsite


. . . with even a little view of the lake!



There were a couple playgrounds in the park. Emma thought the monkey bars were awesome, and she could actually do them! (But she isn't thrilled with the blisters that resulted!)

No comments: