Monday, August 10, 2009

It isn't a swimming pool . . . but they sure thought it was awesome!

What camping trip is complete without swimming in a lake?

This was a first for my girls. They've done the river thing, and Ali has been to the Atlantic Ocean (as a baby) . . . but for the most part they are swimming pool girls. I think they preferred the lake to the pool . . . because of the sandy beach!




They kept asking if there would be shells there for them to collect. I kept telling them "no" because it's a man-made beach. I was really getting sick of the question to be honest. And sure enough . . . they proved me to be an idiot. Yes, they collected quite a few shells, here Ali was proud to find the first of them.


Enjoying the sun and the sand.


Seriously . . . is she the cutest kid ever? Okay, so maybe I'm biased.


"Look mommy! I'm doing what Miss Jodi taught me!" (Yes, Jodi tried to teach her to float on her back - never mind the fact that she's lying on the sand!)


The lady at the gate even let the girls borrow some sand toys (again, proving me wrong after I told them that there wouldn't be any toys there to play with!)


Poor Ali couldn't get her hair wet because she had a reverse perm on Thursday. She made the most of it though.


Emma, on the other hand, got her hair plenty wet.


That evening, after dinner, we went out to The Point to take some sunset pictures at the lake. Once again, I nabbed the opportunity to get some shots of the kids. It was too windy, but I still got some cute ones.


Meg's turn!


Ali . . .


. . . and Emma


Sunset at The Point

No comments: