Monday, July 30, 2007

Big Girls!

Tonight we officially took down the crib. Meg and Julie are now enjoying their first night in their new bunkbed. They were both very excited about this change . . . but with that change comes training : ) Yep, little Julie is now learning that she must stay in bed. (My trick is that I put Walmart bags on the floor next to her bed, and I keep a monitor in her room. That way I can hear her as soon as her foot touches the floor and deal with it accordingly.)

They both did a great job tonight. Julie was not happy when I told her that she couldn't get out of bed, but she tried it anyway. I had been out of their room for about 2 minutes when I heard a loud thud and a scream. Landing on her head was a better consequence than any swat I would have given her! : ) That was the end of her adventures - for this evening, at least! I guess time will tell . . .


A happy little Meg - so proud to be on the top bunk!


Sweet little Julie - tucked in and ready for bed
(though her head didn't stay on that pillow for long!)


A grumpy face after mommy
told her she must stay in bed -
I know - so cruel!

2 comments:

Andi said...

i can't believe she's in a real bed!!!! did you move all of your kids that young? and they stayed in bed?????

i'm keeping jack in his crib until he's 10.

alp2295 said...

I have moved all of them (except for Ali) that young. I learned my lesson with her. (Getting Ali to stay in bed wasn't a battle, it was a WAR!) When they're so young, they're not quite so adept at climbing, so I find it easier to keep them in bed. : )