We went to Potrait Innovations today to have Julie's 1 yr picture taken (2 mos late). It was a zoo. I wasn't thinking about the fact that every mom in the Greater St. Louis area would be in there getting her picture taken with her kids for Father's Day. Next time when I call to make an appt. I will specifically request a low traffic time and be willing to flex my schedule a bit. It was a 2 hour process from beginning to end.Really Julie did a great job. She's not so crazy about strangers right now, so she didn't smile for the photographer a whole lot. She wasn't crabby or anything, but she was just kind of looking at the lady with a sort of annoyed curiosity. Anytime she tried to get a pic of Julie standing up she would try to run off and play - so I was standing right next to her ready to grab at a moment's notice. I have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed with this shot. She is certainly a doll, but they just didn't capture the big Julie smile.
The actual photo shoot went pretty quick, then we had to wait awhile to see our photos. During that time Julie was having a blast playing with the lego table and interacting with some other kids. Then she managed to fall flat on her face and bust her lip open. At least it happened after her pictures were taken. Unfortunately, I don't keep burp cloths in the diaper bag anymore and all I had to stop the bleeding was the dress that she wore to the studio. It did the trick, but she had a nice fat lip for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment