**Can you believe it!? I've blogged 3 CURRENT events in 5 days! Amazing!**
Okay . . . so why am I posting Halloween pics when it isn't even Halloween yet? That's a good question!
We usually do a "Grandparents Halloween" a few days early. That way the grandparents get to see everyone and we don't have to dedicate our entire Halloween to driving all over creation. It's a win-win situation!
The other perk to doing things this way is that we get better pictures. Dressing up for "real" Halloween usually includes gloves, and extra layers of clothing that are necessary for warmth, but take away from the photo-op. So, yes . . . most of our Halloween pics are taken early . . . but there will certainly be more to come!
So here we go . . .
Here comes the Bride . . .
Yes, there's nothing better than reusing those fancy dresses. Thanks to Uncle Joel and Aunt Laura's wedding, she has a great Halloween costume!
When asked who she was marrying she said "Daddy!"
I think it's sweet, but sorry babe . . . he's already taken : )
I took this one in response to Julie saying "Mommy, I want you to take my picture!" I thought it was cute.
Megan as the Ladybug
She was actually supposed to be Ariel from the Little Mermaid. I bought a $7 costume for her after Halloween last year. We tried it on this past Wednesday and it was too big! : ) So we had to scavenge. Tights and leotard are borrowed from Aubrey. Skirt and shell are made from my old bathrobe that I happily cut up. The headband we actually had in our dress up clothes.
Ali as Hermione Granger
Ali was definitely the most excited of the four of them. She's been thinking about this costume for a long time!
I mad her tie and robe. I even knitted her scarf! Great fun!
Emma as the Mad Scientist
This costume was so much fun to put together! Thanks to Jonah for the labcoat, Jacob for the shirt and Aunt Lydia for the Erlenmeyer Flask (Emma might just have a fit if one more person calls it a beaker!)
Can you say "Sublimation?"
Emma really hammed up her role as the evening wore on. I'm sure she be quite a piece of work on Halloween!
More to come in a few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment