Friday, September 24, 2010

Go Blue Angels!!

(Okay . . . so I admit it.  I'm totally a blog slacker.  I have had tons of stuff to post and haven't done it.  My excuse is that we reformatted the laptop and I haven't gotten all of my software back on it, so I can't edit my photos.  But this one is a cell phone pic, so here we go . . . )

Our girls started playing soccer last fall.  They played 10 games last season.  Not only did they not win a single game . . . they never even scored a goal.  It was their first year together as a team, and they were definitely overmatched by teams who have been playing together since they were in kindergarten!

This season they're back.  They played a practice game due to a rainout and lost 0-4.  They played a double header last week and lost both.  Not a single goal.  They were definitely feeling discouraged!

But last night made their entire season!!  When the game began, it was obvious that we were more evenly matched than we ever had been.  But they still scored on us.  We were down 0-1.  Bummer.

Then the tide turned and we actually scored our first goal.  You should have heard the parents on the sidelines!  We were a little nuts.  We didn't need to win.  Just a goal . . . that's all we were hoping for!

And then, a few minutes later . . . goal #2!  Yay!!  Then we started praying that time would pass quickly and we could hold onto our lead!  : )

And we did!  I've never seen a happier bunch of kids!  All of their hard work finally paid off!

Here are Ali, Karis & Emma, so excited!

No comments: