I began on February 27, 2007. Click here to see the original.
This afternoon I stapled on the last cushion, then I almost cried . . . and they weren't tears of joy! One of the challenges of working with plaid is that you have to match the patterns. I did that successfully for the entire couch . . . except this last piece (which I had worked on pretty contstantly for 2 days!)
-
My mismatched plaids:
It was tempting to leave it . . . but I couldn't bear to do that. I worked so hard, and darn it, I was going to finish it right! It would have taken an eternity to take apart the entire cushion, but I managed to fanaggle a cover for it. Hopefully it holds up!
-
-
The finished product:
2 comments:
Looks good, Andrea! I'm glad you finished it!
Amber
I could hardly notice the "mismatch" and doubt anyone else would have...BUT I know the feeling of wanting things to be done right, especially after all the time and labor you put into it. Congrats! Look at it this way...the loveseat is smaller so it shouldn't take as long, right? :)
Post a Comment