Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My New Project


This past weekend I officially undertook quite a large project. Our couch and loveseat are in bad need of recovering . . . I have repaired holes a few times, but have no more matching fabric . . . So now I'm taking on the whole thing. I was able to get 25 yards of really cute upholstery fabric off of Ebay for $80!! (Shipping included!) The fabric really isn't that different from what we already have - which I'm glad for (as I really liked it). Unfortunately, the original fabric must not have been very good quality. Many holes have just worn through from regular use. In this picture you can see that the right arm rest is recovered (and obviously, the cushion is off and being worked on.) Since taking this picture I have finished the cushion and put it back, but have made no further progress. This project is going to be very long-lived. So far the most time-consuming part has been removing all of the old staples - my entire body hurt for days after only one night of work!

No comments: