This is Julie's latest word. There's no snapping candid shots around her. If the camera is anywhere nearby, she stops what she's doing and runs to the camera saying "Cheee!" She really cracks me up!She has become quite a talker here recently. She mimics a lot, but not usually on demand. A brief summary of her vocabulary:
Ma ma
Da da
Emma
Julie
more
all done
please
thank you
cheese
uh-oh
hi
hello
bye bye
night night
Most of these are not commonly recognizable, but she says them consistently and we recognize them from context.
As far as physical development goes, she weighs about 22 lb. (only 4 lb less than Meg!). At her last checkup she was 95th percentile for height and 50th for weight. She is officially done crawling and is a pretty speedy little walker. She loves to bounce in her crib! She even manages to jump (on solid ground) occasionally! (And I thought Meg was early! Yikes.) Her hair is getting long enough that she can wear it in a barrette on top of her head (Pebbles style). She now feeds herself pretty proficiently - which is wonderful!! No more cutting sandwiches into little pieces. She still hasn't started spoon feeding herself - I'm not sure that I'm ready for the mess that makes.
She really is a darling. The only real downfall with this one is that she's a major tantrum thrower! I don't think that any of the other girls started this young (though Aaron says I'm wrong about that one). All it takes is for her to see someone playing with a toy she wants and she bursts into a fit . . . Or one that REALLY gets her going . . . turn on the bath water and close the door so she can't get in! Apparently she thinks that baths are reserved exclusively for her . . . no one else in this family is allowed to clean themselves! At first it was shocking to see her do this b/c she is remarkably compliant otherwise! Oh well . . . I'm used to it now and we're working on it. : )