Okay, so I've been a slacker in the blog department here lately! : )
Basically, our lives have been eaten up with outdoor projects . . . namely the pool and the deck. Here is a brief summary of our progress:
May 20, 2010: After quite a bit of rain, this is what our pool area looked like. We had started excavating it ourselves (or I should say, "myself") but Aaron's bum knee made that an insanely ridiculous goal. We ended up paying our builder to bring in the Bobcat to do it for us!
I didn't take any picture in between these two stages. Probably because I had no desire to remember what a pain in the rear end this pool was! : ) A bum knee and RAIN made this a slow process. Thankfully we have fabulous friends who helped us take down the pool (it was given to us by the son of our old neighbor in Eureka - Thanks John! - so we had to take it apart and move it), move the pool, and put the pool back together. (A BIG thanks to Jason Alligood, Brian Elliott, Jim Younce, Joel Patton, Mike Thebeau & Craig Tweedy! I owe you all a pool party!)
June 13, 2010: The pool is ALMOST all the way together
June 17, 2010: Swimming for the first time! Of course, we are having to use Aaron's aluminum ladder to get in and out because we still have no deck to put our deck ladder on!
Four very happy little girls!
We finished the pool and moved almost immediately into building the deck. (Because of the previously mentioned ladder situation.) We workd through some heat advisory days (not so much a favorite!) but thankfully had a pool we could jump in every now and then! : ) By this time, Aaron's knee is doing pretty well, so really, he has done most of the deck building.
June 30, 2010: Our deck actually has some of the floorboards and the girls get to sit on it for the first time!
They immediately asked if they could name it! : ) It has now been dubbed "The Cardinal."
I'll post again once the deck is completely done!
No comments:
Post a Comment