Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Apple Time!

It's that time of year again! Yeah!!

Fall is my all-time favorite picture season. Between apple picking, and the pumpkin patch I literally take hundreds of pictures. It's a bit insane but I love it. I am exercising self-control and only posting 8! : )

Apple picking is a Patton-Alligood family tradition. I think the first time we went together, Emma was 2 and Karis was 18 mos. We have traditional shots that we take every year. One of all the children (that shot had grown over the years!), and then the pairs of kids. See below.


Here's the whole crew! What a bunch of monkeys!



Our family is completely retarded when it comes to having family pictures taken. Inevitably, someone isn't looking, has their eyes closed, or is cropped out of the picture (I guess I can blame my photographer for that one! : ) ) This was the best we could do. Really it isn't so bad.


Daddy manned the pole picker while Aubrey and Meg chowed down on apples!


Our Jonah and Ali Shot. Jonah wanted to have Ali on his back. He doesn't realize that (at this point) she weighs a lot more than he does! What a pair!


Then there's Emma and Karis. These two are quite a photogenic pair. I could take 100 pics of them together and 95 of them would be perfect! Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.
For the Littles, we have a trio rather than a pair. This series of pictures cracks me up! They are a riot.






After apple picking we enjoyed lunch together at Steak n Shake . . . what a treat! Once lunch was over, the Pattons and Alligoods parted ways to go home . . . and we enjoyed a few detours. We did some thrift shopping (I found the PERFECT pair of jeans for $3.00! Does it get any better than that?) We also stopped at the Lewis and Clark Center for a brief look around. Definitely a place we will revisit when it's time for Missouri history.
All in all it was a great day . . . now it won't be long and it will be time for the pumpkin patch!

1 comment:

Amber Alligood said...

I think your photographer did a good job! All of you are in the picture and everyone has their eyes open! :)