Friday, July 31, 2009

A Trip to the Zoo

It's been AGES since we've been to the zoo! But after a couple of rough days at home, I decided that we needed an outing. STL Zoo here we come . . .


Our first stop was at Caribbean Cove. It's a new exhibit at the zoo, and it was really cool! Sting Rays! Yes we got to pet the sting rays. We even happened to arrive when it was time for them to eat. Meg made it very clear that she had no interest in feeding them, so I bought four cups of food. I fed them once and commented on how it felt weird (they basically suck the food right off of your hand). Well my comment ended the festivities. The other girls suddenly lost interest!

The girls all really enjoyed petting them.


Emma's turn


Meg took some coaxing, and Julie needed to be lifted so she could reach, but everyone got a turn and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Penguin & Puffin Coast - Always a favorite of mine (especially b/c it is thoroughly air-conditioned!)




I think we've taken this picture every time we've gone to the zoo. The kids always love it!


Julie & Emma wanted their chance to sit on his back!

It was a fun, but hot day (It's amazing how hot 80 degrees can feel with sun & humidity!) : )

No comments: