Monday, September 8, 2008

A Little Facelift

I mentioned previously that I decided to paint my front door and shutters. Certainly, some of you are wondering, "Isn't your house like 3 months old?" Yes it is . . . the only response that I can offer you is that I don't know my own mind.

Yes, we did get to choose all of the colors for our house, including the shutters. I had a horrible time deciding. I am no good at visualizing how things are going to look - usually what happens is that I see something I like and want to duplicate it. For years I imagined a house with tan siding and dark red shutters . . . but, go figure, we are building a house right next to people who have that exact same color scheme . . . so I had to figure out plan b. Another problem with me is that I have to let decisions like that cook in my brain for an obscene amount of time (ask Amber what it's like shopping for shoes with me!) Anyways . . . to make a short story long, I chose forest green shutters and I just wasn't crazy about them. They weren't horrible by any means . . . I just didn't LOVE them. Not big deal . . . I love my house regardless.

Well, then I was glancing at paint colors for Amber (who is putting on new front doors) and I found a paint chip that had three coordinating colors on a house with pretty much the same color siding I have. I loved it . . . if only I had chosen black shutters! : ) Oh well . . . $30 and a few hours worth of work were worth it to me. Now I LOVE the exterior of my house!


Child labor (still alive and well in the good old USA) they loved it and were thrilled to help!


Shutters drying after their first coat of paint


The finished product (Of course my door doesn't look red in this pic, but it is!)

Now on to our next project . . . actually getting some grass to grow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks good! I like the black!