Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Expensive Tastes

Today for lunch I enjoyed some yummy crab! It was a gift to us from Tim Daniels when he came a few weeks ago. Aaron's not a big crab fan, so it was all for me! : ) I ate the first half when we first got it, and the second half was in the freezer until today. Yum!

Ali and Emma thought it was alright. Ali didn't like the smell. Meg and Julie hovered dropping little hints like, "I'm so hungry!" Once I was full, I fed the rest to them and they were in heaven! They enjoyed a nice little feast. When it was gone I got up to throw away the shell pieces and Julie looked at me with a half confused, half indignant look . . . "I'm not done" (With a tone of "Mom, obviously you don't understand something here, because I still want more and you're walking away. So, I thought I should just let you know . . . " I told her (more clearly) "It's all gone, there's no more." Her face fell and she started to whine.

I hope you enjoyed it while you could girls, because crab is not a regular on our menu!

No comments: