I've mentioned before how all of my girls love to read. Well, Julie has really amazed me here lately. For her age, it's really amazing to me how much she loves books. I had to share this story.
-
My kids have roomtime every day. They play by themselves in their room (or another room in the house where they can be isolated) and they love it. With four little girls in the house, it's great for them to have some time to play by themselves, imagine whatever they want, and not have to share anything. Roomtime lasts for one hour. On this particular day, I told Julie it was time for roomtime. She asked to have some books on her bed, so I gave her some. She climbed up and started "reading." I also got out a box of toys for her to play with. When I came back, an hour later, to get her out, this is what I found. The toys were untouched, and she was still looking at her books. She greeted me with this huge laughing smile, as if to say, "Has it been an hour already?" I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment