Before:
Surgery was scheduled for 9:10 this morning out at St. John's. They told us she couldn't have anything but clear liquids after midnight, and that she could only have clear liquids until 5:40 this morning. So, my wonderful husband woke her up at 5:00 to give her a bottle of apple juice. This plan worked wonderfully! She slept in the van on the way to the hospital and was very happy when she woke up. She was sweet and playful . . . especially liked playing with (and chewing on) the bars on her bed. There was also a tag on her blanket that was quite fascinating!
After:

Surgery went off without any problems. She was away from me for about 20 minutes during which time I had a snack and watched some CSI Miami. When they brought her back she was pretty fussy from the anesthesia. I gave her a bottle of applejuice and she whimpered on and off for about 20 minutes. I got her dressed, put some antibiotic drops in her ears (which she wasn't especially happy about) and we went home!




No comments:
Post a Comment