Wednesday, July 9, 2008

So Much Time . . . So Little to Do . . .

Strike that . . . reverse it!

I just looked at my calendar and realized that we start school 5 weeks from tomorrow. That makes me feel like I need to cry.

Overall our summer has been great. Our move went really well, and we are settled in . . . but I still have stacks of boxes in the basement (mostly books - which will need to be unpacked here soon to start preparing for school!) I feel like our move has left us scrambling from one event to the next and I hate that feeling. I'm in the middle of one of those right now . . .

On Saturday evening we have our friends, The Schafers (missionaries that our church supports who are headed to Mozambique), coming to stay with us for 9 days. We are really looking forward to having them here, but our Fourth of July weekend left us in a frazzled mess that we need to recover from before we'll be welcoming anyone into our home. Thankfully, they are easy guests and a joy to have around!

On top of that, Aaron has the high school summer retreat this weekend. Jason is going too (he is no longer the youth pastor, and therefore doesn't do retreats anymore, but some of the seniors requested him as the speaker this summer.) I was totally excited b/c that means that I get to spend the weekend with Amber - a tradition that went on for several years until Jason was no longer in youth ministry. Now it's a bummer b/c when Aaron goes on those retreats, Amber has her hubby home with her . . . it just isn't the same! Anyways . . . Yeah! I get to hang with Amber this weekend.

Here is where I need to mention that my calendar has been sadly neglected this summer. I've just been keeping track of things in my head (since my calendar was packed for a while). Well, now I'm paying for that! : ) All of these things that were once in the distant future are now here and I'm realizing that many of them are overlapping! Here's our July:

3rd: Slumber Party at Jessica's
4th: 4th of July
5th: Baby shower and Meg's Bday celebration at my parent's house
6th: Church, then lunch out with the Pattons for Meg's birthday, evening pool party at the Delaney's
7th: Start getting my house back in order, evening with Aaron's Grandma
8th: Meg's actual birthday, dinner with the Alligood's at McDonald's
9th: More cleaning!
10th: Pay Day! Grocery shopping, redo Missions Bulletin Board at Church
11th: Aaron leaves. Day and night spent with Amber
12th: Afternoon spent swimming at Jodi's house. Schafer's to arrive sometime after dinner.
13th: Church followed by a mandatory VBS meeting (with no husband to take the kids!)
14th-17th: Soccer camp. 9:00-11:30 IN BRENTWOOD! We have recently decided to nix this one. Time to breath a sigh of relief and enjoy my company! Also time to finish up some VBS planning.
18th: Hosting a get-together at our place for some families from church to hang out with the Schafers.
19th: Recover!
20th: Church, then VBS decorating afterwards
21st-25th: VBS
23rd: Amber's birthday
24th: VBS Parents Night
25th: My birthday and VBS cleanup
26th: Recover

I'll stop there. You get the idea. From the time that VBS ends, I have 2 1/2 weeks until school starts. Yikes! The sad thing is that even though we are totally booked for this month, we are looking forward to all of it . . . let's just hope that we have the stamina to make it through!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just now realizing that I am doing most of those things, too! I am exausted! Don't forget we have a wedding shower for Emily on the 14th! :)

alp2295 said...

Thanks for adding to the list! : ) And I thought you were my friend!

Anonymous said...

I'm there for ya!

Jason Alligood said...

Love the Willy Wonka reference!

alp2295 said...

J-
I'm glad you appreciated it! I thought of you when I chose it! And remember . . . If the good Lord had intended us to walk, he wouldn't have invented roller-skates.