Today has been "one of those days" . . . though not in a bad sense, just a busy one. The hardest part of homeschooling to me has been trying to figure out how I'm going to keep my house clean. This week we were able to get ahead a bit in school and today all I had to do was read with Emma and give Ali a math test. So, today has been cleaning day. I decided that I really needed to get into all three bedrooms and do a thorough purge of all unecessary items. I love to throw things away . . . almost to a fault. : )
So, right now it's 2:30 and I'm still wearing my pajamas (I tend to do this on cleaning days). I have finished Meg and Julie's room, and am almost done with Ali and Emma's. They did help me with most of it, but when it comes down to nitty gritty organizing and throwing things away, that's a job that I really need to do on my own. I even steam cleaned Meg and Julie's room . . . hence, my title.
I brought the steam cleaner up from the basement and Meg piped up with, "Oh, you're going to use the throw-up vacuum cleaner?" The reality of the matter is that the only time she sees me use it is when someone has barfed. Any large-area steam cleaning happens once she's in bed. So as I chuckled to myself, I responded with "Yes, I am" and left it at that. Then a few minutes later I called her upstairs . . . she came into the kitchen and very matter-of-factly asked, "Oh . . . did you throw up yet?" This time I laughed out loud and told her that no one was going to throw up (at least not if they know what's good for them). The she looked at me like a was an idiot and asked, "Then why are you using the throw-up vacuum cleaner?" Duh, mom!
Well, I'm off again. More fun stuff to throw away!
1 comment:
Maybe I should invite you over to purge my house???!!! :)
Post a Comment