Well, we made it through Thanksgiving. It's been a crazy week, and now it's time for us to enjoy Black Friday.
-
No shopping for us . . . our family tradition for today is to do our own Thanksgiving dinner, at home with just our family. It's a nice change of pace, and so great to just chill out and enjoy some time together. We can hang out in our jammies all day long if we choose. We also get the house decorated for Christmas. Aaron puts the tree together while I work on dinner, and later we all decorate it together. This year I was way ahead of the game. I had almost all of my side dishes ready and refrigerated. It's really been kind of wierd, because I'm usually on my feet all day long working on dinner and Christmas Tree stuff.
This morning I had nothing to do. Aaron was working on the tree, the girls were all in roomtime . . . so I got to lie down and read for a while. Quite a treat!!
Dinner turned out great! I had plenty of time to clean up as the day went by. We didn't finish getting out all of the Christmas decorations, but it sure was a great day!!

Daddy adding the star before ornaments go up!

We pose this one every year!
(This is the first time I've had all 4 girls in it though!)

I love this one of Jules!! She had a hard time hanging ornaments . . . here it's like she's saying, "Maybe if I just set it here it will stay put!" No such luck . . . sorry baby!

Time for dinner!
1 comment:
Hi Andrea: I hope you get this comment. I am Koshi Holt in Friday Harbor trying to track down Alaska Airline miles for the Daniels at Christmas. I am hoping to reach another group of folks through you for this request? Can you please email me koshi@rockisland.com and I can fill you in with what we need? Thank you so much for setting up their blog, by the way. It has been invaluable!
Thanks!
Post a Comment