Monday, August 13, 2007

First Day of School

Well, we made it. Our first day of school is over (minus a few miscellaneous items). Overall, things went really well. Unfortunately, our day started out . . . rotten! I hardly slept last night, for many different reasons. I have been very tired all day, but I made it. The other big bummer was that I had the kids all ready this morning to take our usual first day of school pictures and quickly discovered that I didn't have my camera!! I apparently left it at my mom's house when we were there a week ago and never needed it at all this week. I'm sure that's no big deal for most of you, but for me to not have my camera for my first day of homeschooling, after a rather sleepless night . . . I wanted to cry! So, I scrambled to figure out what I was going to do. I ended up using the camera on my cell phone and Ali's Fisher Price Kid Tough Digital Camera. The quality of both of these is poor, but Ali's camera pulled through enough that I at least have some documentation. I might need to get over to my mom's house tonight and take 2nd day of school pictures tomorrow! : (


Really, all 4 of the girls did great. I can already see areas where I need to adjust, but for now they are pretty minor. Ali said her favorite part of the day (aside from recess) was History. Emma's was Math (she's obviously her father's child!). Meg enjoyed cutting up paper with her scissors and Julie enjoyed coloring (and, of course, snacking on crayons). Hopefully the rest of our week will go this well . . . with a bit more sleep for me!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

You should have called me! My camera's only two minutes away. Glad to hear that once things got going they went rather smoothly.

alp2295 said...

That never even crossed my mind! Duh!