Monday, August 20, 2007

Loving It!

I have now been reunited with my camera!! Yeah!!

Since our first day of school pictures weren't so hot I've decided to add a few more. These are actually classroom shots. For those of you who have never been to our house, our basement is half finished. On the finished side, we have a half bath and two rooms. One is used as a playroom and one is kind of a rec-room (where we keep the computer, piano, treadmill, etc . . . ) Well, the rec-room has now also become our classroom. I am pretty spoiled with this set up - I hope we always have it this good!

School is going really great. We have spent the past week tweaking things here and there, but mostly it has been smooth sailing. I feel like the girls are enjoying what they are learning, and I am enjoying teaching them. Really, I think the anticipation leading up to homeschooling was worse than actually doing it has been.

Here are Ali and Emma hard at work at their desks.
(This is actually an after-school shot - they are just coloring)
These desks are wonderful! We were blessed to be able to rescue them from the dumpster when Aaron's parents cleaned out their old chicken house (which has now been used for storage for many decades). It's nice that they can each have their own space that they are responsible for without cluttering things up too much.

Here's Meg at her favorite school time occupation. It's amazing how long a 3 yr. old can sit and cut paper into tiny pieces! (even if she does hold the scissors wrong!)
And finally we have little Jules (naked after pouring a cup of water all over her dress) enjoying "erasing" the whiteboard. There was a time when I was really worried that she wouldn't be able to deal with homeschool life. She couldn't stand having a door closed on her - but now she will play in the playroom, or her bedroom with Meg and Ali or Emma without pitching a fit. It's nice to see some of that hard work paying off!

No comments: