As many of you know, trying to rid our home of the "sucky things" (thumb and pacifier) has been a major event around here. Julie seems to be completely over the paci (praise the LORD!) She has had a rough couple of weeks . . . shortly after we took the paci away she got an ear infection. We used her antibiotic ear drops for a week as directed and only a few days leter she was back to being monster baby. Not sleeping, ALWAYS fussy! I took her to the Dr. yesterday and told him to either fix her or take her home! : ) Well, she has another ear infection (which is probably the same ear infection). The wierd thing is that nothing is coming out of her ears (which is what should happen b/c she has tubes) He said the tube must be blocked. Fortunately, we have a follow up visit with the ear doctor today . . . so we'll see what he says. Right now we're back to putting drops in her ears and giving Tylenol and Motrin consistently. I'll keep you posted!
Meg is still the miracle child with regards to her thumb. I have only seen her suck her thumb one time in well over a week. That one time I had taken her band aids off for her bath and forgot to put them back on. She sat on the couch sucking her thumb and watching Cifford for several minutes before it even dawned on me that she wasn't supposed to be doing that! Instead of using the Dora band aids we have changed to using fabric ones. Then we draw a smily face on each band aid. (Thanks Shantel!!) If she sucks her thumb at all, the smily faces disappear and we know it. That has been great for overnight . . . most nights I think she's sucking her thumb in her sleep and she really doesn't know she's doing it. She'd wake up in the morning with this shocked look on her face, as if she has no idea what happened. At naptime she hasn't sucked her thumb at all, and she has made it through a few nights with both smily faces (which is rewarded with 2 M&Ms!). I still feel like I'm in a state of shock . . . I really can't believe this is working!!
No comments:
Post a Comment