Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Braces for Ali!

Today was the day for Ali!  She now has a mouthful of braces!

Here's the before pic:





















And here's the after pic:





















Isn't she cute?  I'm surprised at how good they look!

She did a great job!  So far, I'm very impressed with our orthodontist's office.  They were very kind and very thorough. She only has brackets on her front 4 teeth, top and bottom.  She is expected to have those for about a year, then she'll wear retainers until she loses all of her baby teeth.  After that she'll do one more year of braces, followed by more retainers.

She isn't hurting yet, but I remember the pain . . . vividly!  We're headed to the store for a supply of soft foods and Motrin to get her through the next week.

1 comment:

Andi said...

she does look cute!

i, too, vividly remember the pain of braces. to this day i frequently have dreams that my retainer is stuck to the roof of my mouth!