Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to School

Well, we are officially done with summer as of this morning! So sad, yet so nice! : ) We, of course, started our morning with our traditional "back to school" pictures.


Ali is starting 4th Grade


Emma is starting 2nd Grade


This was Meg's first day of Kindergarten!! It's hard to believe it's time for that already! On Ali's first day of Kindergarten, she came home with her own version of the following drawing and poem. I've reprinted it and had Emma and Meg do it on their first days of Kindergarten as well. It makes me tear up every time. I'm turning into such a softy!


Julie, or course, isn't starting school yet . . . but the littles have always been a part of our back to school pics.

Here's the whole crew!
Our school day has gone really well, so far. I am much busier, as I have added another student, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Meg was in tears once over reading lessons (and quickly learned school rule #1: There's no crying in school.) We are still getting into the swing of things. There is a reason why we start on a Wednesday . . . it's nice to get your feet wet for a few days and then tweek as necessary and really jump into things on Monday morning.

No comments: