Monday, May 4, 2009

End of the Year Art Party

Okay . . . so my blogging has gotten a little out of order. Oh well.

For this year, I have been getting together with my friends, Amber and Jessica, for a few home school extracurriculars. Amber teaches Music, Jess teaches Art, and I teach Spanish. We have 9 children between the 3 of us, and thanks to a 3 group rotation schedule, everyone gets time with each teacher. It's been really nice to have some time with the ladies, for the kids to have some time with their friends, etc . . . But I'm also really glad it's over. (I'm feeling that way about a lot of end-of-the-year things these days.) I want to get together with my friends and just hang out. No school. Yes I'm ready for summer! : )

To wrap up our Wednesday afternoon activities, we decided to have a "party" at The Painted Zebra. It's a local pottery place. We have enough kids that we actually got the party rate. : ) The kids had an awesome time, and so did the moms. They spent almost a full 2 hours painting (I was impressed with the attention span of the little ones!) then got a mini tour. They learned about the glaze and the kiln, etc . . . It was really neat. We'll be picking up our creations tomorrow . . . We'll see how they turn out!
Between the 9 of them, they painted 1 fairy, 2 piggy banks, 2 plates, 2 bowls, 1 coffee mug, and 1 tea cup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea! I just dropped by curious as to how Bella is doing?

Cindy