Friday, December 12, 2008

Drowning Our Sorrows


Yesterday was a sad day in the Patton home. We had to say good-bye to Tucker, and I feel sick over it. I know we made the right decision, but it doesn't make it easy. Recently he's been showing some strange aggression toward the kids, and yesterday afternoon he actually bit me. Ali & Emma shed lots of tears at first. They perked up a bit when they decided they wanted to gather all of his toys, treats, etc . . . together and give them to Lexie. In an effort to soften the blow we went to the Playplace McDonalds for dinner, and put together our gingerbread house when we got home. A little fun went a long way . . . now if I could just get over the feeling that I've abandoned my dog. : (

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I'm sorry you guys had to get rid of him!