Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Taste of Spring

The warm weather has finally arrived. In fact, today we came close to breaking record high temps! I'm so ready for spring to be here!! We are trying to enjoy it while it lasts . . . this weekend we're supposed to be back down in the 40's. That will be hard to face after this teaser of a few days in the 70's! It was nice to let the girls get out and dig in the dirt, play with pinecones, play soccer and run off some energy. For me spring time means the beginning of picture time. I love taking outdoor pictures!

We got a blanket out for Julie to play on. For all of our kids at this age a blanket was as good as a playpen when it was on the grass . . . they all hated the feel of the grass on their feet, so they refused to venture off of the blanket. Apparently Julie is an adventurous one . . . I was on the grass taking some pictures of her and I guess she decided that she was willing to brave a few feet of grass to get to me. When I backed away further she got pretty mad! Later while I was taking some other pictures she crawled over to me again, pulled up on my leg and looked at me with pleading eyes as if to say "Mommy, I crawled through that horrible grass again . . . PLEASE pick me up!" How could I resist such a face?

No comments: